Thursday, March 12, 2015

ICONIC THURSDAY........

MAHOGANY
This 1975 classic is one of my favorite films. I had never seen a more glamorous woman on the big screen.  Every look, was so effortless. Her stylish "tude"  made me swoon. Tracy was everything!!!  The role of Tracey Chambers could only be played by Diana Ross. She wore these flamboyant pieces, but she didn't allow them to wear her. Her big eyes, and even bigger hair, allowed her to too glide in these  ostentatious gowns.  She embodied everything I wanted and needed to be.

The Mahogany story line, never interested me, I was so in love with the story of HER. I never cared about her love for Brian Walker, which was played by Billy Dee Williams (her love interest) . I was fascinated by her love for fashion.  I watched with such, thirst. My mouth salivated at every glance.

This legendary film being personified on screen was my very first kiss, with my first love, and her name was FASHION.

As such, I pay homage to this ICONIC movie. As it was the beginning of my love story.....

No comments:

Post a Comment